Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Frog ~ Fertility and New Beginnings

Your card today is drawn from 'The Animal-Wise Tarot' deck, authored by Ted Andrews. Ted is the author of over 35 metaphysical books, the most popular being 'Animal Wise' and 'Animal Speak' which many use as reference books for the energy and messages that animals bring to us.  Prior to his death in October, 2009, Ted Andrews was considered to be the number one authority on understanding and connecting with animal spirits.  As Ted states in the beginning of his Animal-Wise Tarot guide book:
"All traditions taught that every aspect of the natural world has significance.  This is particularly true of animals that cross our paths or show up in our lives, whether in waking or dreaming states...How do we know whether the animal that has shown up in our life has particular significance for us?  It's not always easy, nor is it always obvious...We begin by first recognizing and accepting that the animal has caught our attention for a reason...In understanding the language of animals and in developing a new relationship with Nature, we must create the mindset that everything has significance...The difficulty lies in understanding what message the animal brings and the significance of our animal experiences, understanding how the animal applies in our life."
 I have owned my 'Animal-Wise Tarot' deck for more than 10 years and have found this deck to be a highly accurate, gentle yet informative tool of divination. It's pretty obvious that I am a Ted Andrews fan, and I am thrilled to share his deck with you for your message today...I bless him for sharing his teachings and his gifts with us!  
The card that 'hopped' out of the deck for you today (it truly DID jump out!) is the 'Frog ~ Fertility and New Beginnings' card.  Ted's message for you regarding this card is this:
"Frogs have a tremendous mythology and lore about them and have been associated with the Faerie Realm and Egyptian goddesses and gods (Herit, Isis, and Osiris)...Whenever Frog appears, we are entering a time of new beginnings, our creative energies are awakening, and it is a time for new birth and new starts...All frogs go through metamorphosis, and their appearance reflects a time of transformation for us as well...Their appearance can signal a possible birth or pregnancy for someone close to us...Frog heralds an ideal time to initiate new starts in business or a wonderful time to explore and seek out a new career, job, or way of life. The appearance of Frog reflects maturity and transformation from the polliwog stage.  It is a beneficial time to hop into new areas of endeavor or to accept invitations and offers...Since frogs possess a very sensitive tympanic organ, they are keenly attuned to sound and their element (water) is a tremendous conductor of sound vibrations.  Their croaking is a means of attracting a mate.  When Frog has appeared, we should listen for new opportunities and know that our ability to persuade and influence people to participate in new beneficial endeavors is very great right now.  Frog's appearance heralds an awakening of the unique and creative powers of our own voice."

My message for you today is this:
Let me just say that I believe, in our desire to heal the 'disconnect' that many of us had allowed to happen in our lives with Nature, and in our motivation to build a stronger relationship once again, Ted Andrews has been a phenomenal resource and mentor/leader in assisting us to better develop and understand that relationship!  Through his gifts, extensive work with and connection to Nature, he authored 'Animal-Wise', 'Animal Speak' and 'Nature Speak' as authoritative resources in becoming aware of the messages that the animal spirits wish to share with us.  If you could see my dog-eared copy of 'Animal-Wise', you would know that I have referred to it often, and that it is a treasured resource for me! When a particular animal grabs my attention for some reason, and I just KNOW that there is a message for me, I refer to my 'Animal-Wise' or 'Animal Speak' books to determine what that message may be and how that animal's appearance is significant to me at that particular time in my life.  For example, this morning while I was out on my deck, a hummingbird WHIZZED by me, so closely that I could clearly hear it's wings! Hummingbirds are not commonly sighted at our home, AND when it demands my attention by whizzing so closely by me, I GET IT!  I began my study of the metaphysical with a shaman more than 13 years ago, and so I have been aware of animals as messengers for some time.  Over the years, I have built a strong relationship with certain animal messengers, hummingbird being one of them.  One of the energies that hummingbird brings forth for us is 'joy' and my mother-in-law, with whom I was blessed to enjoy a mother/daughter relationship, was known as 'Joy' once she immigrated to Canada from Holland, rather than 'Johanna', which was her given name.  So, sometimes when hummingbird appears to me, I understand that it is my mother-in-law, Joy, making me aware that she is with me still, even since her passing in 2011.  When hummingbird appears to me in this way, I smile and give thanks...  Our crossed-over loved ones often choose animal messengers as a means to communicate with us...
Today, pay attention to what the animal messengers have to share with you...what animal draws your attention in a unique way?  It could be in an animal picture that catches your eye on a billboard that you have driven by numerous times before but not 'noticed' until today...  It could be 'ambling' across your path in such a way that you cannot help but see it... It could be a song on the radio that mentions a certain animal repetitively...  It could be that, when you turn on the tv it 'just happens' to be tuned to a channel that is featuring a specific animal...  You get it...just be aware!   If you don't own one of Ted Andrews book to use as a reference, then, as my sons always tell me, "Google is your friend!" :-)
In the meantime, Frog had a beautiful and inspiring message for you today... I am in gratitude to Ted Andrews for his contributions and influence in encouraging our relationship with Nature and Mother Earth...we are NOT separate and it is time that we honour that!
Blessed be...

I JUST HAD TO SHARE THIS ALSO!!!  I had completed and posted the reading for today and then I sat down this afternoon to do my daily meditation with Deepak Chopra and Oprah...I have been participating in their 21 day Meditation challenge, 'Miraculous Relationships'.
Anyhow...THIS is what blew me away...I mentioned the hummingbird on my deck this morning and what is the image on the meditation today but a HUMMINGBIRD??? And what is the centering thought for today's meditation?  "I speak my truth fearlessly and with love."  I cannot stress to you enough just how this relates to a circumstance in my life that I have been striving to deal with of late, which has my heart aching!  Then, to have my mother-in-law 'message' me through hummingbird and the synchronicity (there IS NO coincidence!) of hummingbird showing up in the meditation today with the perfect timing message of speaking my truth fearlessly and lovingly, well...this is just SOOO reassuring to me!  I just LOVE the way the Universe strives to support us, when we strive to 'consciously connect'!  I say, 'Thanks'; I say, 'Amen'!!!!!
Blessed be...

No comments:

Post a Comment